Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Am Going to Pass My Test!

In my quiet time, I am continuing to study a series by Pastor Joyce Meyer, called "Guard Your Heart".   
I've learned that no matter what, I have to trust God.  God's test are given to produce trust, faith, stability and patience.  Some of the test Pastor Joyce spoke of were:  


*The Wilderness Test (Israelites) -- When you feel completely dry and encounter one trial after another.  


**Passing Criteria? --  Rejoice -- Habakkuk 3:18-19
18Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation!(A)
19The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]! For the Chief Musician; with my stringed instruments

*The Trust Test -- When our circumstances don't make sense, we're hurt, clueless and life seems unfair


**Passing Criteria? -- Trust God -- Know that God is in control and he won't place more on us than we can bear.


*The Judas Kiss Test (Jesus and his disciple Judas)  (one of the hardest and most important) -- When someone you trust betrays and rejects you.


**Passing Criteria? --  "Don't let it stop you.  Keep your eyes on God and you will accomplish your purpose"


We can be assured that at some point, like Jesus, we will be let down and rejected by a loved one.  


When "going through" tests I often wonder when I'll see the light.  But as always, I trust in his promise that he will never leave me or forsake me. Hebrews 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  With his grace and mercy, I know each time, I will pass my test!! 


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment