Friday, April 10, 2015

New Found Strength!!

At this time in my life's journey, I am "In the Valley" .  Recently, I felt God's presence in a way I hadn't before. His strength washed over me.  This morning, as I read my daily devotion titled "Finding Strength in the Lord" from "In Touch" ministries, my spirit was quickened. It talked about how David sought refuge from the Philistines in order to escape Saul.  In doing so, he was out of God's will. When he returned to Ziklag, it was in ashes. David was heartbroken but he found strength in God.

Pastor Charles Stanley described David's spiritual process in Five Steps:

1. Repent - "change of mind that results in a change of conduct"
2. Recall - "God's faithfulness in hard times"
3. Reflect - "David had recorded accounts of his experiences with the Lord and knew God's strength was   sufficient"
4. Remember - "David remembered God's promises."
5. Resolve - "To trust God rather than give in to the despair"   

Because of Faith, My Father gave me his strength just like he did David. My spiritual process is hard but I am soooo grateful I am never alone(:  

Until next time.... 

4 comments:

  1. God is so faithful! I'm so glad you know that He's there with you through your valley moments. Hold fast to Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacie, I am. As you said, "Instead of me sitting at His feet, it's been more like clinging to His ankles with a death grip. . ."

      Thank you for stopping by! Always a pleasure(:

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing website and we really enjoyed reading it.
    Radio App
    DJ West Palm Beach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob, thank you for your kind words and I am glad you all enjoy reading my posts!!

    ReplyDelete