Monday, February 28, 2011

Titus 2 -- Project #9: A Self-Controlled Tongue






I'm participating in a project hosted by www.titus2atthewell.com ;  written by Ashley Wells. http://puttinggodfirstplace.com/ 



This week, let’s use our words only for good. No complaining. No harsh tones. No negative, hurtful speech.
I know that this may be hard for some of you. Or maybe a little too big. If you feel like this challenge is too high, then focus on one particular area (complaining, harsh tones, etc…) and try to rid your speech of it this week!



I am continuing my "fruit of the spirit" journey.  I am better but I have yet to bring this to fruition.


Update:  Since the challenge, I have been "intentional".  I paused before I spoke.  Especially after I told our son to clean his room and it was not done.  I was mindful to take a deep breath and use a gentle yet firm tone.  I am better and experiencing a "fruit filled" disposition(:.  God, I thank you!


Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs. Gertha,

    This sounds like a good challenge. . .use our words only for good. I'm going to give it a try, especially considering what we read last week in our James study. I'll have to check out the websites you listed above.

    Take care, my friend!
    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacie!

    I thought so too. Glad you stopped by friend(:

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete